We know. Your first question is whether or not that photo is really of one of our bedrooms. The answer is yes. Below are a few of our other frequently asked questions.
If you can't find what you are looking for feel free to search the site. Also, feel free to download the PDF version here
1. Location of Bella Vista?
Bella Vista is a gorgeous ocean front villa located on a 110ft bluff in the 750 acre gated community of Punta Leona, just 10 to 15 minutes north of Jaco.
2. How to place a phone call?
When calling from a local Costa Rican Phone a country code is not required. If calling from a US Mobile Landline dial 011-506 then the local Costa Rican number. Example: to call our property managers Pete and Lisa from your USA mobile or landline dial 011 (506) 2-625-8610
3. Emergency Contact Info?
- US Embassy (San Jose) 2-220-3050.
- Punta Leona Hotel Front Desk 2-630-1000.
- Punta Leona Medical 2-630-1096.
- Emergencies 911.
4. Travel Time to Points of Interest?
- From San Jose to Punta Leona 1 hour.
- From Punta Leona Gate to the center of Jaco is 8 miles; average drive time is 13 minutes.
- From Punta Leona Gate to Los Sueños Marriot is 5.6 miles, average drive time just under 10 minutes.
- From the "Bella Vista" house to the beach (Playa Blanca) is less than 0.5 miles and 2 minutes in a car or 15 minute walk on a paved road.
- From Punta Leona Gate to the house is 4 miles.
5. Maximum Amount of Guest that can stay at Bella Vista?
6. How Many Bedrooms?
7. Sleeping Arrangements?
4 King and 1 Queen sized bed, blow-up mattress are available as well.
8. Where does the staff live?
Carlos and Gina reside downstairs in a separate maid's quarters.
9. Local Currency?
Colones, but US dollars are widely accepted.
10. Is a Rental Car Necessary?
No, but we do recommend it. Our concierge staff (Peter and Lisa), are more than willing to assist with transportation at nominal fees.
11. Does Bella Vista have a land line?
No, but most US cellular providers work in Costa Rica.
12. Does Bella Vista have wireless internet:
13. Driving Directions to Bella Vista?
From San Jose airport to Bella Vista
Drive time approximately 1 hour
Turn right leaving the airport. About 200 yards after the airport exit take the first exit toward the right (cloverleaf type exit after passing under an overpass) toward San Ramon. There will be a brown sign for Parque Nacional Volcan Poas. MERGE straight ahead. If on the right road, after 2.25 kilometers you will pass high tension electrical installation on the right. At 6.1 kilometers, on the left you will see the Dos Pinos and Lanco Paint factories.
At 10.2 kilometers, TAKE THE RIGHT EXIT for Atenas and TURN LEFT on the two lane road over the highway toward Manuel Antonio/ Quepos. There will be a brown sign with white letters for Parque Nacio- nal Manuel Antonio.
Go about 3.5 km looking for a small sign on your right (white with red and blue letters) BCR with an ar- row pointing left. Immediately after on the right you will see a small supermarket called Super La Garita. TURN LEFT RIGHT THERE! Soccer field on your left and a blue wall for the local school will be on your right after the turn.
Having passed Aparthotel Cielo Azul on the right, at about 3.8 km you will see an overpass ahead. Before the overpass, turn left on the access road. It is a two way access road.
Take the first right onto the highway (27) toward Atenas/Orotina. Stay on this road toward Orotina/Caldera. Pay two tolls (Dollars or Colones).
Once through the toll booth in Orotina follow the signs to Jaco. There will be a sharp right hand 280 round about taking you under the HWY. Proceed perpendicular to the highway heading south. Stop at the Rio Tarcoles to look at the Crocodiles. About 10 minutes south of the Rio Tarcoles you will turn right into the entrance of Punta Leona (a couple miles after the service station on your right).
At the First security gate tell them you are staying in Altos de Leonamar. They should give you a sign to put on your dashboard. Proceed straight ahead through the bamboo to the 360 rotunda. Go right at the rotunda to the end of the road and another security. The paper should get you through as you turn left through the gate. Follow the road around paralleling the beach.
Pass Playa Blanca up the hill to the last security gate. There, they will ask your names. Then proceed up the main street to Calle 6. Turn left the house is on the right.
American Airlines: http://www.aa.com/homePage.do
Continental Air: http://www.continental.com
Copa Airlines: www.copaair.com
Delta Airlines: http://www.delta.com/
Taca Air: http://www.taca.com/eng/pyr/ibe/ibeonedes.asp?id=15
US Airways: http://www.usairways.com
Several car rental companies are operating in Costa Rica. For further information, please check with our Guest Services staff or you can e-mail the following companies:
- Elegante Rent-A-Car email@example.com
- Dollar Rent-A-Car firstname.lastname@example.org // visit site
- Thrifty Rent-A-Car email@example.com // visit site
- Budget Car Rental firstname.lastname@example.org // visit site
- National Car Rental email@example.com // visit site
- Alamo firstname.lastname@example.org // visit site
- Hertz Rent-A-Car email@example.com // visit site